My toaster sparked when I used a fork while it was ON
I would be grateful if I could get some advice on how to fix my favourite Russell Hobbs toaster. I used it last morning and while I was toasting bread, my son suddenly touched it on its sides with a steel fork while it was still toasting. It suddenly gave a spark and my mains went off(meter tripped). Later, when I tried to switch it ON it did not. Please kindly let me know if something can be done to fix it right or should I give it up. I would love to bring it back into life please.
Any advice/suggestions are great welcome and would be very grateful.
Thank you in advance.
Is this a good question?