0

massiel
1

How to fix iPhone screen if it looks like a negative print?

My iPhone fell from my hands, and when I picked it up the screen lost the real colors, it looks like a negative print photo!!!

What can I do to fix my iPhone??

Edited by: Thomas Soria ( )

I have this problem on a 3g iphone, so its nothing to do with the accessibility function found only on 3gs. If I press top right corner of display image flips upside down. I don't believe water damage is the culprit, any other ideas?

Troy,

Hi my iPhone 5s is having the same negative problem. I have tried all the fixes suggested here but nothing is working. It wasn't dropped. I did up grade to Yosemite earlier today though on my laptop. Could this be the reason? Please help

Michael,

I just downloaded Yosemite but clicking the home button 3 times doesnt work any other suggestion When i turn it off in accessibility it will ask me Are you sure you want to disable inverted colors. then when I say ok it stays the same Not sure what to do.

Sandy,

I have the iphone 5s. It had the same negative problem. I have tried the home button 3 times, as well as the Settings-General-Accessibility-INvert Colors. When I turn the invert colors it just makes the screens black and white, but no color. Grrr. I don't have any white on black option, either. Just an invert colors and grayscale. The grayscale doesn't seem to do anything. Can anyone help?

Erica,

Erica I had exactly the same problem.My screen turned negative in my pocket. After reading all the Q&A online on how to fix it everybody was talking about how to go to Accessibility and turn "invert colour" botton on or off. I did the following : General/Accesibility/Interaction/Accesibility Shortcut and tick Grayscale and Invert colours. By doing this you will make sure that you will be able to access those two functions with your home button when you press it 3times. So what I did, I changed my screen from negative to black and white by turning "Invert colour" button on only and then from the locked screen I triple clicked the home button and ticked Grayscale. My phone had the colours restored. Thank god. Hope this helps :)

Ludovit Gruska, , Edited

11

Chris Green

Try clicking the home button 3 times (really fast) if this doesnt fix it, go to settings/general/accessibility/triple click home... and set that to white on black, and the tripple click home.

Edited by: Chris Green ( )

Wow! I just tried clicking the home button three times like you said and instantly my negative images turned positive! Thank u thank u thank u for your awesome help! I wonder if it might work for my checking account!? :)

Lorrie Crumley,

Thanks for the tip. Even my I phone fell down twice and after I triple clicked and chose the black and white option.. to my surprise, within a second, my phone turned normal. Great..

Lakshman Sivakumar,

thank you!!! It worked!!

balassone,

wow u da best!!!

leo,

Wow! How awesome! So quick and easy! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Libia,

1

steve metcalf
13

Experienced same problem on iPhone 3 GS with iOS5 just installed. Triple clicking home button dod not work. Solved problem settings/general/accessibility/ turn off 'white on black' (no idea how it self selected).

IOS 5 working fine, no problem downloading (8 min via my Macbook)) now launch day bottleneck over.

Thank you for the help, i am computer illiterate and i found this to be a fix i even understood. gen/settings/access/ turn off Black/White. i aslo do not know how it selected this mode originally.

Greg Christensen,

Thank you. Went back to the settings, as suggested. I guess I must have accidentally pressed a certain sequence and let the negative image loose! Merci from Montreal.

Sylvie Boulanger,

thank you so much, my mum would've killed me if i didn't fix it, cause it was hers not mine! thank you!

grace,

Thank you Worked easily !

reust1,

Great: also on a 4G three times home made it all positive again. I wasted more than an hour trying to find a menu option to do the same, I google 10 seconds and have solved the problem!

mbogomaji,

1

Shelby
13

Don't bang on anything. Go to setting on main screen. Click on General, scroll down to Accessibility, click. On the next screen make sure invert colors is turned (OFF) This is for the Apple 4S Iphone

Edited by: Shelby ( )

Wow this worked! Thanks! Now what caused the screen to turn negative. I did not drop it or anything. I had it in my pocket and when I pulled it out, it had the negative screen.

randallperdue,

Mine was in my back pocket also so all I can figure is that since pressing the home button 3 times makes it go negative also it must have happened while it was in my pocket. Thanks for the help.

Sherry,

OK. I was stumped. I found this page. The triple click on the home button did nothing for my 5S. But the Settings/General/accesibility/INVERT COLORS-ON worked immediately. THANKS

Dan,

0

Achinta Sharma
1

I have press 3 time of home button but it I have press 3 time of home button but it doesn't work on the other hand my iPhone 3G ios 4.2.1 has no accessibility option so how can I fix it please tell me

Edited by: Achinta Sharma ( )

0

Ali
1

I did the settings/general/assessability/invert colors trick on my 4. Thanks for the info.

Edited by: Ali ( )

0

Wm Daw
1

Thank you for your help

0

kennethj007
1

Apple I-phone 5 S

I just down loaded the newest version of I-OS7. Phone screen went to inverted colors or looked like it was a negative. The first fix of tapping the Home screen three times did not work. I then went to 'Settings', then 'General', then 'Accessibility'. Once there there is a heading labeled vision. Look in that column for the Invert colors button. Its probably turned on. Tap it to turn it back to normal.

0

Anne
1

I panicked to my iPhone 4s went black and white tapped 3 times back on oh what a relief

Thanks heaps and heaps.

0

bonnievenus27
1

Hit the center button for apple ipad 3 times or center button it will change the mode from color mode to ex ray mode

Holy cow! Worked for my iPod! Triple click woowho.

Anne Cyganiak,

0

Jordan
1

My Iphone 4 screen randomly flickers at the bottom and then the colours go all weird but EVERYONE is putting the same answer

...Triple click home or go to accessibility and make sure inverted colours is not selected, I have done this a good amount of times now to realise this is not what is wrong, so I am asking please if there anyone out there who has gone through what I am going through or has any idea what is wrong..Please help me.

0

Felixo2011
1

Hello i hope that someone can help me ... Recently I have bought an iPhone 4s but after a while I had that problem that the screen looked like invert colours was on but only if i viewed it from a angle or on dark images/videos. Is there a way to fix it without having to buy a new screen ?

0

raoularvh
1

None of the above written aswers are working on my Iphone 4s. What can I do?

0

ayoshka
1

My iphone 5 turned black and white. Went in to settings -accessibility- vision and undid the invert colours. So now it is even more black, like a neg.

Have read all your answers, but nothing works. When you say home button, do you mean the main button down on front? Thats where I click 3 times right? So have accessed _accessibility-from there to. Still doesnt work....So in anyway, also did restart it of course.

so I had to reset it. so now I have colours!!!

Edited by: ayoshka ( )

0

josh
1

i took my iphone 4 apart and put a different screen on it but it didnt work so i put my old one back on it and it now has all neon colors and has black ink spots and i dont know why

0

Jessica
1

So I have iPhone 5c and I had same negitive issue after playing in settings for a while and I went to Settings/General/Accessibility and then turned OFF Gray Scale and that worked for me. :) Ughhhh!! That took forever though!! Not fun at all!! Ughhh!! So glad that's over and so happy to finallyyyy have some color up in here again!!! Just sayin!!

0

Scott Briggs
1

Same prob with 5c and did all the above in various sequences and finally got color back but don't know exactly how I did it....But thanks to all for the help.

0

andersonboa
1

ipad pressed button 3 times now perfect