Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max.

iPhone says it is not charging

My iPhone just comes up with an icon that tells me it isn't charging? i dont know what to do........

Which iPhone is it?

Hi Xavier,

You might check either the sync-cable or the connector of the iPhone.

Sometimes, the sync-cable creates problems, especially when it is a bit old and especially on the end where you connect it with the iPhone.

A cable can still look nice - like in my case a few months ago. It didn't show any signs of a defect, and it took me some time to figure out that it was the cable that caused my non-charging issue.

Here is my suggestion: Do you have a way of testing the cable? Or better: Can you get you another cable to find out if the cable is the issue?

The other way of possibly locating your issue is to take a look at the connector. Be sure that there is no rest of paper, etc. in the slot of the iPhone, especially where the charging pins are.

In general: Can you think of when the problem first happened? Did you accidently drop it or change anything on the iPhone? This might give you an idea, too, where to start.

I hope my suggestions help.

Steffen

Xavier will be eternally grateful.