Mid 2010 Model A1278 / 2.4 or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Why is my MacBook typing letter "r" all by itself?

Hi all, my Macbook Pro recently started typing the letter "r" continuously regardless of what program I was in. I can delete them as they are typing but then after a few seconds it will start again. When I am out of all programs and just the desktop is visible the computer makes a noise as if it is trying to type it again. Do you think this is a keyboard problem? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Yes, this is a keyboard problem. Pop the cap off the R key and see what sticky stuff is holding the key depressed and clean it off. Wet your cleaning cloth lightly first. Never spay any cleaner directly onto your machine.

Thanks Mayer, there was something under there but, and I feel silly for asking this, but is there a trick to getting the cap back on?

Mayer, disregard last question - found a how-to video on Youtube. Letter 'r' problem all fixed. Gotta love the internet! Thanks for your help.

UR welcome, come back any time ;-)

it doesnt work

Mine requires more pressure on the r key than the est.

Julie will be eternally grateful.