I need to replace the "brain" of my machine. What its name? Help.

We have a Kenmore High Efficiency Elite 5t. Our washing machine was in our basement, and last summer a flood covered halfway of its total height. Obviously, it stopped working. A handy-man told us that the "computer" or "brain" as I call it is damaged and needs to be replaced. Does anyone know the exact term of this "piece" of machinery. By no means am I a washing machine repairer expert. The way I see it, I picture the washing machine as a monitor, and there's got to be a hard-drive. Unfortunately, I lost our manual. I'm trying to find that piece of machinery on the internet, but does anyone know the exact terminology? Thanks in advanced.

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1
Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

According to what's it's doing it could be the Control Module: http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/C...

or the motor control board:


Was this answer helpful?

Score 4


and you can download the manual from here


Thank you so very much for your insight! I truly appreciate it!


Add a comment

Add your answer

Raul will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 1

Past 7 Days: 3

Past 30 Days: 11

All Time: 1,317