Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Why is my screen black after dropping and cracking it?

I cracked my iPhone 4 screen a month ago. It's worked fine, with the crack stemming from the earpiece area outward due to my money clip applying pressure to it in my pocket. I've dropped it a few times since then, and now the screen is black although I can still place calls using voice control and even use the touch screen using my memory of where things should be. Sometimes the screen will come on for a few minutes. A hard reset worked and then it went black again. I have also tried restoring it to factory settings. How do I fix this?

Most Helpful Answer

Replace the screen. You were fortunate it didn't go dark right off.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

iPhone 4 GSM/AT&T LCD Screen and Digitizer Image

Product

iPhone 4 GSM/AT&T LCD Screen and Digitizer

$34.99

Thank you so much!

my screen black out from droppin it but it still my sound when it chager up

lederrick - You placed a Question where only Answers belong. Please read through some other answers about replacing displays. . . You may have only dislodged a connection. Obtain the proper tools, open the unit and inspect it.

Joe Makdisi will be eternally grateful.