Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

installing the new headphone jack and strip

im reusing the old parts and I'm stuck on the getting the vibrate/ silent switch to sick to the two prongs on the strip. idk if there is an adhesive part on the back of it that i need to take off or what but I'm almost done and need help if u can

The Flex vibrate/silent switch with the two black plastic prongs has adhesive that initially helps to hold it to the large metal piece of the switch. Then you need to use a soldering iron to flatten down (melt) the tops of the two black plastic prongs to solidly hold the Flex switch to the metal piece. At least this is the way I do it, and seems to be the way Apple does it.

Nick will be eternally grateful.