The Kenmore Elite HE3 is a washing machine by Kenmore.

f h error code

I have to hit pause and restart thru out the cycle. Getting a F flash H flash code?

F/H:

Condition

No water detected entering machine or Pressure switch trip not detected.

If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine and then valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.

Or

If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow meter has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.

Check/Repair:

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.

If there is no water in the unit:

1. Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.

2. Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves

3. Verify inlet valve operation

If there is water in the unit:

1. Verify Drain pump operation

2. Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch

Verify there is not a siphon problem

Verify wire harness connections to:Inlet Valves, Pressure Switch, Drain Pump, Flow Meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU)

Check all hoses for possible leaks

Verify pressure switch operation

Verify flow meter operation

Verify CCU operation

If this is intermittent, it would be very hard to determine the cause.

It can be caused by low water pressure into the water from the customers water supply, or clogged inlet water valve screens.

Make sure you don't have any duct tape or something around your drain pipe, it needs that air gap to prevent siphoning.

I have been experiencing the FH problem for a while. I usually "fixed" the valves or poor contacts between connectors and control unit and then the washer worked for some time. Recently my traditional repair did not work and thus I replaced the flowmeter and also the pressure switch. No success. So I pulled the drain pipe from a narrow metal drain and the washer works now. I have to admit I did not take the warning about the siphoning effect seriously.

Vlad, when you pulled the drain hose from the narrow metal drain pipe, does water go all over your floor now?

The metal pipe has the inner diameter bigger than the drain hose does. There is no overflowing there unless there is a clog in the metal pipe.

This is the process I used to resole the HF error code.

1- Removed pressure switch from washer.

2- Disassembled pressure switch., made sure all parts were in place and functional.

3- Reassembled pressure switch.

4- Tested pressure by blowing into the tube. You should hear clicking, this is the diaphragm responding to pressure you are applying by blowing into tube.

5- Checked for continuity on the pressure switch, when triggering the diaphragm of the pressure switch. Used a volt/ohm meter.

6- Removed flow meter, made sure there was not obstruction by blowing through the flow meter. I also used a magnet to trigger the wheel inside. Repeated for both directions.

7- Cleaned out the filter of the water pump.

8- Cleaned out inlet valves.

9- Installed back flow meter and pressure switch.

I got rid of the HF error code. I believe it was flow meter, something may have caused the internal wheel to work improperly.

kaye will be eternally grateful.