Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

iPhone thinks it's docked. No Sound From Apps, But phone rings

Hi

After some water damage my iPhone 4s thinks it's docked and it isn't. there is no sound from apps/youtube/music and no volume bar. but the phone rings when someone calling.

I tried to replace the dock but it didn't help.

when i make a short on the dock connector pins it's back working normally for couple of hours.

Please help.

Thanks :)

Which pins do you shorten out on the dock connector?

Most Helpful Answer

That was the problem fixed it myself in 2 min. Clean toothbrush 91 % Isapropal. Make sure you you not soak the phone and it is totally dry before powering up.

laTake a flashlight and look at the dock connecter. If you see any Green on the dock connecter try to scrape it it off with a plastic spudger also use 91% alcohol with a q-tip to try to get corrosion off. If all else fells take it to apple to try to get a new phone. Hope you bought the extended warranty.

thank you for the answer but i already tried to replace the dock connector and it didn't help. i have no warranty on the iPhone since i bought it when i was abroad.

I would try and reset the phoone first by holding down the home and power button

Before buying any new parts, soak all old parts in 91% isapropal alcohol and clean the parts with a toothbrush while soaked for 30 minutes, then start scrubbing parts(keep the screen out, just soak the brush with isapropal alcohol and clean that way, don't EVER do the battery), also, be careful how much pressure you use, use enough, but not too much

if that does not work, you will have a more serious problem more often then not, but before you call it quits them try one or two more times first, it may need to be repeated

I have exactly the same problem. Can you recommend a site for advice on removing the parts to be cleaned?

Eli will be eternally grateful.