2.3L 4cyl or 3.0L V6, 6th Generation

adjustment of headlights on 2001 Honda Accord EX

I just replaced the headlamps on my Honda Accord Ex. How do you adjust the lights? The left side appears to be in pretty good focus but the right side is great if you are looking for owls in the tree tops! I would appreciate someone sending me an instruction guide since I have no manual for this car.

Thanks! John

John, some information about your job from here" Park the Accord in front of a blank solid surface like a wall or garage door. Turn on the vehicle’s headlights and use a piece of tape to mark the center of each headlight beam on the wall. This will be the reference point for the headlights. Move the Accord 25 feet away from the wall. Pop open the hood and insert the Phillips screwdriver into one of the vertical adjusters under the hood. The vertical adjuster is a round cylinder situated behind each headlight, close to the radiator support. Inside each vertical adjuster is an adjustment screw used to raise or lower the headlights.

Turn on the headlights. The center of the headlight beams needs to be 2 inches above the spot marked on the wall. Turn the screw clockwise to lower the beams and counterclockwise to raise them. Once the center of the beam is in the correct position, close the hood." Hope this helps, good luck.

Thanks again, this will help me greatly!

Thank you for accepting my answer. Good luck to you.

It should actually be 2 inches BELOW the bulb height at 25 ft. so the beam is aiming slightly down, not up.

Thank you so much for all the information and instructions. Good bless America. John Yang.

John will be eternally grateful.