Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

Home button and speakers are not working

My iPhone 4 has had issues with the home button not working temporarily off and on. All I would have to do is lock the screen and push it again and it would work just fine. Last night it stopped working completely and so did the speakers. I hear nothing when I get a text or call and when I play music nothing comes out. When I put headphones in I can hear everything. I have tried restoring is because it went into recovery mode. The problems still exist. Anyone know how to fix this??

sounds like you need to replace the dock connector. if you click on the device links to the right and select the phone you own, you will then be able to find the guide to replacing the part and should you wish the part is available here too.

sierrabrianne will be eternally grateful.