0

daniel
229

hanging on apple logo

hey guys

got a 2nd gen ipod touch and when i turn it on, it just hangs on the apple logo for about 20 secs, then it just powers off.

tried again with it plugged into mains and still does the same. cant seem to enter restore mode and when plugged into computer, itunes wont pick it up.

what is the correct procedure to enter restore mode and reload the firmware?

cheers in advance

Edited by: daniel ( )

Did you give a shot at a hard reset—holding down the home button and sleep button for at least 10 seconds—yet?

Jake Devincenzi,

hey jake. tried doing that.nothing happened. carpenter-whats confusing me is if the battery is totally dead, surely having it plugged into the mains would eliminate this? just does the same :(

daniel,

From what I understand, if the battery is totally dead the ipod won't turn on at all even when plugged in to charger, it has something to do with the ipod battery check in the firmware. My battery had just enough voltage to get it to boot, but the battery also could not charge so it kept rebooting. When I put it into recovery mode, the firmware allowed it to stay on but apparently the battery was too far gone to charge and just started the re-boot process again when unplugged. A new battery fixed that problem.

Carpenter940,

0

daniel
229

finally fixed now. turns out the home button was knackered. replaced the digitiser and home button and all works fine now :)

1

Carpenter940
975

My battery was going dead and that's what happened to me. Mine would boot to logo then turn off then reboot again. I did what Jake Devincenzi said and was able to get it to charge, but due to the battery going dead it couldn't hold a charge so it just went dead again when unplugged. I replaced battery and it works fine now.