Repair guides and support for random-access memory storage for PC and Mac computers

Is DD2 the same as DDR2?

I have a 1GB stick of memory labeled DD2. I got it from a friend who thought it would work with the A1055 iBook. However, it does not. So, I'll be selling it. But a quick eBay search for DD2 turns up around 8 results. So, I ask this: are DD2 and DDR2 one and the same?

Never heard of DD2 - The Proper term is DDR2 (Double Data Rate Version 2)

iBooks do not take DDR2 they take DDR (without the 2) Usually DDR 333 (PC2700)

That's what I thought. But it's really weird... the "DD2" stick kinda fit in an old iBook G4 board, but it wouldn't fit in a board from the same family. To Craigslist it is then!

There's no such animal. There's DDR, DDR 2 & DDR3. There are however a lot of errors made on eBay.

The stick is actually labeled "DD2". It's from PNY, in case that helps. I assume the abbreviation is just a space saver. :)

There's no search area at Pony. But do a search for memory & pony & DD2. Nothing. There's DDT but no DD2. I'm almost sure your stick is DDR2

I have the same problem. I bought a DD2 1GB and started to research then found there were very few references to these memory sticks. I got them at a yard sale for $5.00 for 2 1GB DD2 SODIMM,F. I have no idea why I bought them but was going to see if they fit in my laptop and if not off to ebay they go. So, to everyones disbelief, there is such an animal, though it may be extinct, it is a reality. I will look inside my archaic laptop and see if they help me there. So, if anyone has any suggestions as to what and why they are what they are I would love the info on these memory sticks. Thanks....

Best Buy sold me two of the "1GB, DD2 SODIMM, F" sticks and they don't work in my laptop. I am also looking to find out what these are. My laptop should take 4GB DDR2 of RAM, but again these won't work and I even exchanged them for new ones. I have no idea how long ago this thread started since there is no year on it, but I'm posting this in 2010.

It would be best to start a new question and tell us what machine you are trying to put RAM into. Thanks so much.

Pc World just sold me a 1GB DD2 in DDR 2 packaging, my Fujitsu Amilo is having none of it ! Although i tried my mates 1GB DDR 2 in it and it works fine............... so the dd2 does exist, thanx for wasting my time, petrol and emotional frustration PC World. THink I will be using my local computer shop from now on, might have to wait a couple of days but at least i'll get the right product. 20/01/2011

Here is link to what I have.. Thought it was DDR2 based on the label.. It is not?

http://www.dreamhardware.com/memory/memo...

MEMORY PNY 1GB, DD2 DIMM,F A0TFT PO:134270.19 (REFURBISHED)

Pin set is different.. notch off slightly

If the notch is off slightly it could be DDR3

you're all wrong i have 2 sticks right in front of me. they are for real.

they read 1 GB, DD2 DIMM,F made by PNY A0TFT

7 year old post.

Josh Calvetti will be eternally grateful.