Hewlett-Packard began manufacturing personal laptop computers in 1993.

computer very slow and takes long to load any programs

my laptop has been running slow and takes over 30min to load any program. i need help please!!

i also have the same problem

contact shepperdivan@gmail.com he has all the software for your pc to run fast,he sent me one now am happy

i had the same issue and i had to contact microsoft because it is a windows 10 issue visit http://goo.gl/tl4a5X . i am sure this will help

The messages saying you need to download software are spammers!!!!!

When was the last time your laptop had a virus scan or disk defragment? How about the deletion of un-needed programs that may be running the background?

My recommendation would be to do the following:

1: Uninstall undesired or unused programs (control panel>Install/uninstall programs). My general rule is that if I don't recognize the program name, I delete it. Do a restart when you are done here.

2: Defragment your hard drive. (Start menu>all programs> accessories>System Tools>Disk Defragmentor>Defragment Disk). This operation can take a while so maybe make it an overnight process.

3: Try to download and install a well known virus scan program (like McAfee) and run it to make sure there aren't any obvious viruses on your computer. I would recommend uninstalling the program when you are done too, because they tend to take a fair amount of resources themselves.

If these don't work, you may try a full re-install of your OS or maybe even cleaning your laptop's internals. My old laptop ran super slow because it was over heating and it ran better after a quick clean.

There are many other potential suggestions but hopefully this is a good start!

have done this and still slow, no virus or anything and still doing the same... More to this problem than the same old answers that people repeat.. Thsi si not the problem must be deeper

And laptop is only 2 years old and I use a Nasdrive to back everything up also

my laptop was always running slow and takes time to open a software until i contacted Engr. shepperd on his mail: shepperdivan@gmail.com,he sent me a software for little amount of money and now my PC works like magic. you can also contact him on his mail above.

Thank you for the advice. I had my laptop repaired for a broken screen and on getting it back with the screen fixed my laptop was taking a long time to load and i getting get into anything not even photos. Now my laptop is working. thank you again. much appreciated.

since you are using a windows machine (vista,xp .7,8,or windows 10 )there can be many issues but most will get cover by this -

remove all unwanted toolbar , unwanted programs and unwanted softwares

upgrade the ram and clear the junks and check for any updates pending or antivirus issues for more visit hp http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03... hope that helps

Did all that and still runs slow, for some unknown reason CPU is running at 78% all the time.

. Try the Performance troubleshooter.

Open the Performance troubleshooter by clicking the Start button The Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under System and Security, click Check for performance issues.

2.Delete programs you never use.

Many PC manufacturers pack new computers with programs you didn't order and might not want. These often include trial editions and limited-edition versions of programs that software companies hope you'll try, find useful, and then pay to upgrade to full versions or newer versions. If you decide you don't want them, keeping the software on your computer might slow it down by using precious memory, disk space, and processing power.For removing all unwanted programs follow these steps.

(i) First open your control panel then go to programs and feature

(ii) Then go ahead uninstall all the unwanted software now.

3.Stop all the unwanted startup programs.

4.Cleanup your computer.

Go to run with Win + R key the type cleanmgr then hit ok.

again it will ask for ok click on it then select all the files witch you wanna delete.

and click on delete. for more visit blog Top 10 tricks(Quick And Smart steps) to Speedup your windows computer see if this solves the problem . thanks

Before you do anything else, follow the instructions given below step by step and carefully: After you are finished with the process of cleaning your system and you still have the same problem, find someone knowledgeable and have him/her look into your "Strat up" programs file to prevent some programs from starting up with Windows. Bu he/she must know what he/she is doing. Otherwise take your machine to Best buy and have them do it for you, probably at a cost.

One more thing you need to do is to check and see if you have enough memory (RAM) installed in your PC and if you have anything less than 512, consider increasing it.

I hope this helps.

HOW YOU DO A THOROUGH SYSTEM CLEANUP on WinXP::

There are several way in doing it and if you haven’t done it for sometime, be prepared to spend about one hour on it.

One way is to: (a) while you are on the internet click on tools and then click on Internet options; on the window that opens, you will find three buttons “DELETE FILES”: “DELETE COOKIES” and “CLEAR HISTORY;” click on “DELETE FILES” first after you put a checkmark on the little square to the left of “DELETE ALL OFF LINE CONTENT” then click OK and wait for the process to finish. (b) Click on “DELETE COOKIES,” after the cookies process is finished, click on “clear history,” say yes or OK and close all windows by clicking OK. Now you are finished and your machine is supposed to be all cleaned up. However, you still have one more step to go to make sure that you hard drive is OK as well.

Click on start and then on “my computer” then right click on your “C” drive icon and then on “properties”; then click on the tab that says “tools;” and then click on the button “Check now.” On the massage that will open put a checkmark on the first little square and click Ok. Then say Yes to the message that will open. Go back to where you were and put a checkmark in the second little square, click OK and wait for the four-step process to finish. Close down all open windows and restart your machine. And wait for the process to finish and you see your desktop..

Now, while your are on your desk top, click “stat” - “All programs” - Accessories - “system tools” – “disk defragmenter,” click on disc defragmenter and when it opens make sure that your drive “C” is highlighted and click “Analyze;” Wait for the process to finish, close all open windows and you are done. Now, restart your computer and see how it behaves.

Now, do me a favor; Go to start, control panel; scheduled tasks, click on scheduled tasks to open and then click on help to learn how to schedule your machine to clean up itsself automatically and at least once a week.

Good luck

There are quite many reasons that can cause the HP slow issue, "Phillip Takahashi" has given very detailed tips to fix. But if you don't want to fix it one by one, then you can go speed up HP and let it have a scan for a diagnostic report of your HP, then fix them all in one click, this way can be time-saving. Regards.

Nice software. To bad it's not free like Phillip's solution.

Use this step and make a faster your laptop

1- Closes all Unused Running Program

2- Closes all Unused Running Web Browser Tab

3- Uninstall all Unused Aplication

4- You Have Face Many Problem then restart your Computer

For More Enquiry Click Here!

My cpu is just 1-2% busy however opening a programme takes ages. Be it booting or anything else.

Pc is running extremely slow and is hitting cpu 100% treid reinstalling OS but this process even toke me 2 days...now the boot only is taking a day...so it think its still not fixed :/

Clean Install.

Never go to a website and download software just because someone told you to do that. It is very dangerous and you could just be making your problem worse, or, giving away sensitive personal details.

Windows is crap software and needs to be replaced every once in a while. It is a pain in the rear, but it will save countless hours waiting for a slow computer.

Good Luck

Step 1: Remove Startup Programs

1. Make sure you have a program that protects against viruses, spyware and adware. Norton and Kapersky both have highly rated products that protect against all three threats. If you have virus protection installed, it is unlikely that a virus or other evil program is causing the lethargic behavior. Be sure to turn on “auto updating,”, so you always have the latest virus protection files and schedule the program to do a full scan once a week.

2. Hit your Start button on your screen and go to the Programs menu. You should see a folder called Startup. Inside this folder are shortcuts to programs that will be loaded on, you guessed it, startup. If you don’t need these programs to be loaded automatically, delete the shortcut by right-clicking on the icon and hitting Delete.

3. Click the Start button and hit “Run”. In the window that comes up, type “msconfig” into the Open field and click “Ok.” This will bring up the System Configuration application. Click on the tab that says “Startup” and it will bring up a list of every application that is being loaded on top of Windows. In Windows 7, you can also get to the System Configuration application through the Control Panel (Start>Control Panel>System and Security>Administrative Tools>System Configuration).

Step 2: Free Up Space on your Hard Disk

Your computer uses space on your hard disk to store temporary program files. If your hard drive is too full, your computer won’t have room to store all these files—and this can significantly impact performance.

1. On the first "Disk Cleanup" tab, you will be given the option to delete various temporary files and empty your Recycle Bin, with a measure of how much disk space you will gain.

2. Now go to the "More Options" tab. Here you will have the option to clean up "Programs and Features." This will allow you to uninstall any programs you never use, especially games (which can take up considerable space). Click the "Clean up" button. Then highlight the program(s) you want to uninstall and click the "Uninstall" button.

3. Also on the "More Options" tab there is an option to clean up "System Restore and Shadow Copies." These backup files allow you to restore your computer to an earlier time, in case something goes wrong, or recover files and folders that you may have accidentally deleted.

Step 3: Don’t Run Unnecessary Programs

Every program running on your PC takes some amount of processing and memory resources. If you have Microsoft Word, iTunes, Outlook, Photoshop and a dozen cool little desktop widgets—all running at the same time on your four year-old laptop, don’t be surprised if programs start responding slowly. Resource-intensive programs, such as games, are especially sensitive to system overload.

The simple solution? Only keep programs open that you are actually using. Are you done with Photoshop? Close it.

Dear Friends I Think Fixing A Slow Computer Can Be Very Easy .

First Thing First Checkout Some Troubleshooting Steps to Get Your Computer Faster Visit Computer Guide I Found Helpful Get Slow Windows Computer Faster

Remove Unwanted Programs , Remove Unwanted toolbar's .

Chaneg The Computer Performance Settings And Check For Virus And Junks

After That See If You Can Afford To Upgrade the R.A.M To Your Computer .

I Am Very Sure This Will Be Helpful .

Hey Foxy Here i just wanna say im using a 2014 Old Laptop i5 intel hd graphics vpro in 2017 and i installed win 10 and it was running slow.So i overclocked my laptop with many apps and i did something with the virtual memory and later i restarted my laptop i overclocked it with Throttlestop and updated my drivers with a app and its running games at 100+ Fps . If you want more info ask me

My suggestions are:

1. Uninstall unused softwares.

2. Install antivirus and do regular scan

3. If Memory is full, delete unnecessary files

4. Upgrade RAM

For more enquiry: laptop repair

Buy a drive ssd may speed up your computer with me, thanks to the computer immediately works better.

patricia will be eternally grateful.