Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

I spilled coffee over my MacBookPro 2011.

The MBP works fine only the touch pad seems to be a little sticky. Because of the corrosion that could emerge, I would like to clean it. I open it up but it says I should not remove the battery. Here are my questions!

1. What do I need to clean it out.

2. Can I remove the battery.

3. Should I bring it in and let apple or someone else do the cleaning.

1: A high content rubbing alcohol (at least 80%) and a cloth that will not leave fuzz everywhere should do you well. Q-tips and compressed air will also help.

2: Yes. Apple doesn't like people touching their things. We like to ignore this and perform repairs ourselves :). You might check out MacBook Pro guides to see if you can find your computer. We have excellent guides to help you perform various parts installations.

3: A cleaning is 100% possible for the at home user. As with any process, you will need to be organized and cautious in your work to prevent damage. I suggest reading our water damage page for greater detail in proper electronics cleaning.

Hope this helps!

Angelique will be eternally grateful.