In June 2017 Apple updated its 13" MacBook Air with a newer Broadwell Intel Core i5 processor, resulting in slightly increased performance and battery life.

Replaced logic board, worked fine, 24 hours later wont boot

I replaced the logic board on my 13" macbook air 2017 and was extremely excited it worked. Used it some, set it down, didnt touch it for 24 hours, came out to use it this morning, and it wont boot. Charging fine, light goes green then orange for charging and stays lit. I took the case back off and checked every connection, focused specifically on the i/o board and the power connectors to the screen. Nothing is out of place. It worked like a brand new computer on first boot up yesterday, I used it for an hour or so. Now it doesnt even try to boot. Would love some help.

2 Comments:

To be clear the MagSafe charger LED does get to Green afterwards (after Amber)?

Green to amber. Once at full charge, it goes to green. Since this post, I removed the battery cable to see if i could jump the power pads to the starter. When I removed the battery and plugged the charger back in, the computer booted up. I'm writing this response from the computer in question lol. My best guess at the moment is I have an IO board issue

@Craig Daugherty - I’m more inclined to believe you have a failing battery or SMC needed a hard reset for some reason. Install this gem of an app to get a view of your battery CoconutBattery take a snapshot of the apps main window with the battery tab opened up and paste it here for us to see.

1 Comment:

that's a good bet. I'll try that and see what it says, thank you!

Im also seeing it might be temp sensor in the trackpad - i definitely know it was affected by the liquid spillage.

Craig Daugherty will be eternally grateful.