Model A1312 / Mid 2010 / 3.2 GHz Core i3 or 2.8 & 3.6 GHz Core i5 or 2.93 GHz Core i7

Vertical Red Line on LCD

I have a vertical thin red line running from the top of my Imac LCD screen to the bottom. It is about 4" from the left side of the monitor. It is thinner than a typical human hair. I ran the start-up boot disk and it did not disappear, so I believe it is hardware related. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your response.

It never pays off for me to answer these kinds of questions, in the answer box. 95%+ chance the problem is a capacitor or inductor filtering the signal or a transistor going out on the LCD controller board attached to the LCD. Most places that work on LCD TVs should be able to fix it for less than the price of replacing the LCD screen. The alternatives are live with it or replace the LCD screen.

it paid today ;-)

ssgeraci will be eternally grateful.