PlayStation 3

The PlayStation 3 (or commonly known as the PS3) is the third home computer entertainment system produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, and the successor to the PlayStation 2. It was released November 11, 2006

Will Not Power up

Hey Peeps,

Ive researched as much as i could, but their is no problem similar to mine, well not that i could find through google or through any of the questions made on ifixit, i hope you i can get anyones help? it would be much appreciated, i really dont want to move on to the slim 0_0

now

Im not 100% sure as to how it happened, but according to my little brother who was playing as i was away, played and made an update for MW2, after it had finished, it would not turn back on

so

Problem:

PS3 has the red light as soon as i turn on the AC power switch on the back,

As soon as the power button is pressed, it disappears and nothing happens

try turning the AC switch on and off, red light dosent come back at all

Solutions attempted:

• replacing the power supply unit
  • old 40GB PS3 hard drive (unformatted)
  • new AC power cord

After Replacements were made:

AC switch on, Red light would appear, i press the power switch its goes green for one second then disappears and never comes back again

Where im stuck:

Is it the YLOD?

Is the motherboard fried?

Should i replace each and every part that could relate to the problem?

ive read replacing the ejection button ribbon cable might help? (which ive ordered)

Any help would be awesome!

Cheers

John

http://www.ps3-help.com/activate-ps3-saf... this for safe mode which you haven't mentioned...

Sorry, ive might of missed a few things out, Once the power button is pressed, absolutely nothing happens. Nothing shows on the TV screen at all, no sound from the console, no nothing. Power cuts out completely, and doesn't come back Safe mode is inaccessible because im unable to reach the stand by screen at all Thank you for the help :)

by John Filipo

I have same problem with ps3 slim what can I do for fix?

I've got the same problem with my ps3 super slim did you get a solution for it please let me no.

by mjbonser

John Filipo will be eternally grateful.