1

rushupedge
13

Where to sell MacBook Pro Parts?

I took apart a 15" MacBook Pro from late-2009 that had a dinged case (but was working perfectly fine otherwise). Is there a vendor online somewhere that will buy these parts? It's the 2.8 GHz MB986LL/A model, if that helps. I have proof they work.

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( )

4

mayer
MacHale Enterprises

You took apart a working machine and now want to sell it for parts. Did you use any ESD precautions? Buying a machine torn down by an amateur is a real crap shoot. Even if you can prove it worked before you tore it down is no indication that it will still work and you haven't zapped the logicboard or RAM. Your best bet is to put it back together, see if it still runs and try to sell it on eBay as a dented machine. In my opinion, right now, I might give $50 for it and hope I wouldn't get stung.

I'm a technician, not an amateur. It was done in an ESD-safe environment and the parts are being stored in anti-static bags. Don't jump to conclusions. And I would gladly take half their value. That comes out to about $200 for the logic board right? I really just need the money to buy Christmas presents for my family :)

rushupedge,

There's a website called rdklinc.com....

rdklinc,

click on my icon and email me and we'll see if we can do business.

mayer,

You gentlemen should both now have emails from me!

rushupedge,