iPhone Exposed to high voltage into charging port, HELP
I lost my power adapter for my iPhone, instead of thinking it through I spontaneously spliced the phone charging cable to a regular 2 pronged electrical cord straight into my outlet. As I connected the cable into the charging port it immediately made a loud popping sound, caused damage to the cables. The iPhone also immediately turned off and wouldn’t power back on when I eventually got a new power block. I opened up the phone, tried replacing the screen which wasn’t the issue, I was able to put it onto another iPhone to check. I tried replacing the battery and no luck. There seems to be some black residue on the Taptic Engine and charging port but was easily wiped off.
My question is what kind of damage am I looking at? Are there any failsafes protecting the rest of the phones components?
I tried charging another iPhones battery and switched it with the one that was inside the phone. No luck.
I don’t have any Meters to check for any current also.
Other than what I stated everything else looked fine including the battery.
Is this a good question?