iMac Intel 27". EMC 2309 (Late 2009, Core 2 Duo 3.06 or 3.33 GHz), EMC 2374 (Late 2009, Core i5 2.66 GHz or Core i7 2.8 GHz)

Can I change the PRAM battery

Can I change this PRAM battery, or will I have to take it in for service? Mind you, I HAVE seen the disassembly of this beast. I have also looked @ What is expected life of the PRAM battery? Is it user replaceable?

The answers were ambiguous, and did NOTscratch the itch.

Here's a picture of the location of the PRAM battery. iMac Intel 27" EMC 2309 and 2374 Teardown

Frankly I have yet to see one of these newer type PRAM batteries fail after 5 years. Before you replace it, please tell us why you think it is not working. The half moon piece of plastic that holds in part of the battery will snap off with just the lightest of pressure so slide it very gently out of the slot.

I'am about to upgrade my emc 2309 27' imac to 850 evo samsung ssd via optical bay, until I can afford to buy a ! tb. for my HHd , then I will put that in, but, I was thinking maybe I should change the pram battery also, because I've had time problems recently and I had to perform a SMC fix and alls been well until today when I had a Kernel panic but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the battery but I thought since I have to go in there, maybe I should change the battery as well! Any help or specific advice would be appreciated from anyone. Thank you! Al

time and date will not hold after closing down

Richard Coffelt will be eternally grateful.