PlayStation 3

The PlayStation 3 (or commonly known as the PS3) is the third home computer entertainment system produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, and the successor to the PlayStation 2. It was released November 11, 2006

My usb ports are all damaged for my ps3

how can i fix at least one of my usb ports on my ps3 they got bent in the inside

You will need to take the system apart and see how they are soldered in to replace it, and it may not even be possible without a new motherboard

I was looking at the guide for the motherboard swap, it's just thru hole soldering

how to check this is simple, find the USB's and look for corresponding holes on the underside of the motherboard

How you get this USB is simple, if you have a netbook with a dead motherboard, take it apart and desolder the USB in it, desolder the one from the PS3 and solder the good one in the PS3 and it's fixed, but some early PS3's(20,40,60,80) may use ones in a casing, then you will need a parts PS3 motherboard that used the same size HDD

zace will be eternally grateful.