Will my MacBook refurbishing project work out?
Hi all! I'm pretty new to MacBook repair, but I have an 11-inch early 2015 MacBook Air that I'd like to start using again, possibly as a secondary laptop. It's in relatively good shape, with only a few issues (loose hinge, running hot, bad battery life, some water was spilled on it 1-2 years ago but I haven't noticed any issues). The upgrades/repairs I'd like to perform are:
- Upgrading the 256 gb ssd to ~500 gb with this m.2 adapter https://www.amazon.com/Convert-Adapter-M...
- Fixing the loose hinge
- Replacing the battery with this new one https://www.amazon.com/POWERWOO-A1406-Ba...
- Adding new thermal compound
- Installing Linux Mint (probably the cinnamon edition)
- Checking for any liquid damage (I don't quite know how to do this)
Does this sound like a viable set of upgrades for a beginner? Thanks in advance!
Is this a good question?