The Kenmore Elite HE3 is a washing machine by Kenmore.

bleach and fabric softner dispenser problem

Only a portion of bleach and fabric softner will dispense. Sometimes none will dispense.

water stays in fabric dispenser

Here are some tips that may help you resolve your dispenser problems:

You should be using only liquid chlorine bleach in the bleach dispenser.

Check the dispenser for a clog in the siphon hole. Pull the cover off of the chlorine bleach dispenser. You will see an elevated hole in the bottom of the bleach dispenser. Make sure that the hole is completely clear. If that hole is clogged, the bleach will not dispense properly. Replace the cover back on the top of the bleach dispenser. Manually fill the bleach dispenser with water until it begins siphoning the water out through the dispensing hole. If the water siphons out properly, this verifies that the bleach dispenser cup if working properly. There will be some water left in the bottom of the bleach dispenser cup after it siphons out the liquid. The amount left after conducting the test described above is normal. Making sure that the bleach dispenser is unobstructed and using the proper type of bleach may help you resolve this bleach dispensing problem.

Check the detergent dispenser in a similar manner. Pull the dispenser drawer out and clean it. Make sure that the siphon holes are unobstructed. If you are using powdered HE detergent, you should have removed the siphon hole cover and the tray from the detergent dispenser. If you are using liquid detergent, you can check the detergent dispenser in the same manner as you checked the bleach dispenser to make sure that it siphons out the liquid properly.

Make sure that the water supply provided to the washer is adequate. Shut off the water supply faucets behind the washer. Disconnect the water supply hoses from the back of the washer. Place the ends of the hoses in a bucket. Briefly turn on the water supply faucets and check for proper water pressure and flow from both fill hoses. A water supply problem (especially from the cold supply hose) can prevent the dispensers from working properly.

These tips may help you resolve the dispenser problems in your washer. If not, you could have a problem with the control, the water valve assembly or the supply hoses to the dispensers. I recommend that you have a service technician diagnose and repair those types of problems.

Water remains in the compartment at the end of the wash. It takes the softener out but leaves a full drawer of water. What to do?

Ihave the same problem

I dump the water in a sink or back in the washer before the next load. At the end of my washings, I take the compartment out of the holder, take it apart, and let in dry in the open drum with the door open. No mold or mildew problems in 10+ years.

On my washer, the fabric softener would not drain. I removed the top cover (3 screws in back) and found that there is a motor with a plastic cam and arm that re-directs the incoming water in one of 3 ways: To the detergent, to the fabric softener and none of the above.

The plastic arm popped off the motor shaft, probably due to vibration leaving the redirector aimed at the detergent and never the fabric softener. With a minutes careful work I was able to push the plastic piece back onto the shaft. It works fine now.

The redirector could have been left in the fabric softener position which would have starved the washer for detergent.

I have a high efficiency Kenmore elite washer. Bleach dispenser was not dispensing and was full of water. Washers that have dispensers have water valve assemblies which have water lines to the dispensers. The solenoid that controlled the water being sent to the bleach dispenser failed. I change the water valve assembly out and the issue was fixed.$30.00 part. Solenoids are light light bulbs, they can burn out at any time.

Thanks, but to work on the valve assembly or so lino I'd I have to remove my dryer which is stacked and then take the entire top off of the washer to get at the parts?

@alvinarens, yes, the repair requires removing the top panel of the washer.

I'm thinking I have the same issue, however something isn't making sense to me. There seems to be water going into the bleach dispenser, but just not enough for the bleach to completely move through the dispenser. The bleach/water concentration in the dispenser after the wash ends seems to be too high and washed whites no longer smell like bleach after the wash. I believe some water left in the bleach dispenser is normal (right?) since movement from the dispenser relies on siphoning (as liquid reaches a certain level in the dispenser, it will begin to move out into the wash). Since I have water in the machine otherwise, how could the water valve be broken? I removed and inspected the tubes connecting the valve to the dispenser, and all looks clear. Also, do you happen to know if the hot water valve or the cold water valve is what controls the water to the bleach dispenser? I wasn't sure which valve to replace if that was the route I wanted to try before a service call. Thanks!

Be sure to clean everything thoroughly, mine gets some mold build-up after some time. I pull out the resovoir and wipe down and scrub everything in hot soapy water, especially the siphon hole with a Q-tip. Also wipe down the cavity area that holds the resovoir with a paper towel. Make it look new again, water flow relies on it.

Still had an issue with softener not being purged out. Checked the functionality of the diversion arm with washer top removed by putting small wad of paper on each side. Both moved after a wash cycle, so all good there. Water was coming, just not to the softener section.

Removed the resovoir again, softener still there, and looked in the open cavity again. The holes for water flow in the top over the softener area were black, clogged from mold. Cannot get to it or dissasseble for cleaning easily, so I got an old toothbrush and sprayed mild cleaner on the bristles, scrubbed all the holes and wiped it all down. Solved. After the next cycle, resovoir was completely empty.

F_ck Sears Appliances. All my life I used Sears because of the quality they represented. Four years ago, I purchased their best 55gal water heater. The one I replaced was a Sears my mother purchased over fifteen years ago.

Nothing as changed in my mothers home sense 1948. I purchased my mothers house in 2003. The water heater started showing signs of fatigue. So, I purchased the best 55gal water heater that Sears had to offer five years ago.

It's been knocking for over a year now. I've flushed it twice and did everything I could to stop the severe knocking noises being created by this water heater every time we use the hot water.

What happened to Sears Kenmore Quality? Now my New Kenmore Washer Elite... of course...is passed my one year warranty is dumping softener all over the floor every time I use the washer and add softener to it

ken ramsey will be eternally grateful.