Mac Mini Unibody

A unibody aluminum generation of the Mac Mini identifiable by the model number A1347, spanning the Mid 2010 to the currently sold Late 2012 model.

Could I take out the parts of a Mac mini and put in new ones?

I would LOVE to make a hackintosh but an idea came to my mind. What if, instead of buying a comp case why not use my Mac mini case? Is it possible to gut a Mac mini and put new pieces of hardware in there?

The major problem would be finding components small enough to fit the Mini case. Then they would also have to be extremely low powered so as not to overheat in use. You would certainly need to use an external power supply and you would need to check with hackintosh forums for parts that will work with Mac software. So I guess the answer is yes its possible but not practical. If you decide to go ahead with this project keep good notes and pictures so you can post your results on a Hackintosh forum.

I would believe something like a mini ata motherboard may fit into the mini. But thank you for your answer.

by Brandon Jones

Brandon Jones will be eternally grateful.