1

Brandon Jones
33

Could I take out the parts of a Mac mini and put in new ones?

I would LOVE to make a hackintosh but an idea came to my mind. What if, instead of buying a comp case why not use my Mac mini case? Is it possible to gut a Mac mini and put new pieces of hardware in there?

Edited by: iRobot ( ) , Brandon Jones ( )

4

rj713
74k

The major problem would be finding components small enough to fit the Mini case. Then they would also have to be extremely low powered so as not to overheat in use. You would certainly need to use an external power supply and you would need to check with hackintosh forums for parts that will work with Mac software. So I guess the answer is yes its possible but not practical. If you decide to go ahead with this project keep good notes and pictures so you can post your results on a Hackintosh forum.

I would believe something like a mini ata motherboard may fit into the mini. But thank you for your answer.

Brandon Jones,