The Mac Pro First Generation is an Intel Xeon-based workstation computer manufactured by Apple Inc. between the years of 2006 and 2013.

Install an internal SSD boot drive

I am interested in having an SSD as my boot drive inside my Mac Pro (late 2006) Quad Core 2.0GHz Xeon. Is it possible? I can't find instructions on various websites and places like OWC don't offer an internal SSD for this model.

You just have to know where to look. Here's OWCs answer to your problem: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/hard-driv...

Thank you, mayer. I have since called OWC and the reason I was not finding the solution for my specific machine was that when choosing the MyOWC option and picking my machine, an SSD didn't come up as an option to upgrade. However, after our conversation, they assured me it would work. The drive is supposed to arrive in time for me to try the installation this weekend.

Thanks for your reply!

Edwin Risenhoover will be eternally grateful.