iPhone 4S

Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Do the iPhone 4S and 4 have the same front glass?

I want to change from white to black but can't find a iPhone 4S OEM replacement.

The iPhone 4 Screen and 4S screen are very similar.The connections are the same, the home buttons are interchangeable, but the tabs are slightly different. With slight modifications, a 4 screen should work with a 4s phone (like verizon iPhone 4 screens on an ATT iPhone 4)

here's a video that will show you the minor differences: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFn_j-XsO...

Fast forward to 12:05 for the comparison, but the whole video shows a complete tear down.

Can anyone else confirm a successful installation of an iPhone 4 display into an iPhone 4S (or vice versa)? After switching out and re-gluing the bezel frame (a little E6000 adhesive works better than the 3M tape for this BTW, and cleans up super easy. Great for 3G 3Gs chrome bezels too), I have done the Verizon to AT&T conversions for the iPhone 4 many times. But personally didn't think the 4S screens would work on a 4. It's good news if someone can confirm this to be true! I try to stock all colors and carriers screens, but occasionally run out and it would be nice to be able make a quick bezel swap if temporarily out of stock on the one I need.

by GURUmicro

I haved installed many iphone 4 screens on 4s with only changing the frame as stated above. All connections are exactly the same on verizon 4 ATT 4 and 4s..

by Craig

El marco de los iphones es diferente solo es cuestion de calentar con la pistola de calor y retirarlo con las manos es muy sencillo y pegarlos con pegamento instantaneo

cuando el marco del iphone viejo este dañado lo mejor es lijarlo con una lima de uñas y asi quedara mejor parece identico al nuevo y es mas sencillo y economico

The simple answer is No! I know this because I have just tried it. The 4s screen has different placement of two of the little holes that screws go through to hold it to the frame. There is no way of moving these little holes. The connectors and size might be the same but you CANNOT interchange one with the other, please learn from my mistake!!!!!!!

Yes you can put a iPhone 4 display assembly on a iPhone 4S. I have put a Verizon iPhone 4 screen on a iPhone 4S and it works perfectly. Only modifying was the bracket near the SIM card holder has to be cut off the Verizon iPhone 4 screen because the Verizon iPhone 4 doesn't have a SIM card holder. When putting it on this bracket hits about dead center of the SIM card holder on the iPhone 4S frame, just cut it off and Voilà everything else fits the same. I wouldn't recommend doing this for a customer, only for you or friend in a Pinch.

trying to replace a 4 with a 4s screen, and is not lining up properly. I cut off brackett that did not line up, but now corner screws are not lining up either :0(

Lcd screen are exactly same and fit on both iphone 4 and iphone 4s just you need to use frame. i have replace the lots, it does 100% perfact

iPhone 4 vs iPhone 4S: What’s the same?

the LCD and Digitizer connectors are exactly the same.

the LCD and Digitizer are all glued together and cannot be separated.

the front camera hole is in the same spot.

the proximity sensor hole is in the same spot.

the ear speaker hole is in the same spot. You can go to online Iphone 4s LCD Screen Replacement OEM for what you want.

Kai will be eternally grateful.