Released May 2020, Model Numbers: SM-A217F/DS (Global) SM-A217F/DSN (Russia)

I took my phone to repair center for water damage and nothing happened

Hi I just want to ask a question about repairs, basically I dropped my phone in water and got it to a repair center hoping they can fully recover it, instead they offered me a screen replacement. I said no because they’re asking for 3500php (73 $) and said they’ll just clean it or remove the water that’s inside the device, I saw them spray something on the components and proceeded to piece it back together. My concern is: I’m planning to get the screen replaced next month and would that be too late and still worth it? Or will the phone survive another month. Basically what I mean is will the other parts be okay since they did something? I’ve only had the phone for two weeks btw it’s a gift from my dad.

Most Helpful Answer

Liquid damage in electronics is like cancer. It needs to be treated immediately. Keep in mind that regardless of the technician’s skill, they can’t 100% repair liquid damage and most repair shops won’t offer any kind of warranty for liquid damage so it could work fine for an hour then die and you’ll be out the money. You might be better off recovering the data and purchasing a new unit.

Most repair shops won't even work on water damaged phones because once they are wet they can still corrode over time. The only reason they will work on phones is to retrieve data and photos. I would take it to another shop and get the data out of it but if you don't want any data or pictures I would buy another phone.

jeth.agbayani will be eternally grateful.