2nd Generation high performance tablet computer released by Apple on June 2017. Model A1670.

What part do I need to change out the charging port for my IPad Pro 2?

What part and tools will I need to change out the charging port for my IPad Pr 12.9 2nd generation? This will be my first attempt to DIY a repair. I am hoping to find a how to video as well.

Most Helpful Answer

The charge port is soldered onto the board and is not a repair you should DIY as you can easily mess the board up and cause more damage and requires thousands of dollars in tooling. Send it to a board repair specialist like iPad Rehab, STS Telecom, Rossmann Repair, or VCC Board Repairs. All of them has youtube channels you can check out. I personally use VCC for repairs I can’t handle in my own repair shop so they certainly know what they’re doing but you can’t go wrong with either of them. But if you don’t mind me asking, why are you replacing the charge port? Do you need to wiggle the cord just right to get it to work?

Donna K Zorn will be eternally grateful.