Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Why no airport extreme detected?

My MacBook Pro 15" core dual cannot detect the airport extreme hardware. I had swap a new hard disk and installed Leopard OS but still no detection of hardware. Is it an airport extreme card failure and need replacement?

Before spending money, I would open it up to make sure the card is fully seated, etc.

Also, I have had problems with machines containing the non-updated 10.5.0 not seeing Airport cards. When then happens, I've had to plug into the Internet via an ethernet cable, update the machine to 10.5.8, at which point the Airport became visible. Hopefully this is what you're experiencing.

Cklasse will be eternally grateful.