The Nintendo 2DS is a handheld gaming device developed as an entry level version of the Nintendo 3DS with nearly identical hardware, but without the 3D upper screen function.

My 2DS keeps asking me for a pin that I don’t know

I’ve had my 2DS for a while now and I think it was hacked when I bought it, but for a while now whenever I turn it on the screen is black and it says “Enter the pin using ABXY and the Dpad to proceed”. It doesn’t let me do anything, not even play or go into settings and I never put a PIN, or at least not that I remember. Is there any way to fix this?

It appears that your console is parental locked. You can call Nintendo but that takes time so I’d suggest you use this procedure instead:

- Go to settings and see if you can get the parental controls prompt to pop up

- Choose forgot password on the bottom of the keyboard

- In the security question, choose forgot again

- Make a note of the Inquiry number

- Go to https://mkey.salthax.org/

- Choose 3DS

- Put the current system date (in case it’s wrong or something

- Leave Additional Data empty

- Put the number you made a note of above in the Inquiry Number field and hit Go

- Take the new number and put it on the number field on your 3DS

- The console should now be unlocked, go to the parental controls menu and disable it fully.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions feel free to report back (pictures of your screen are preferred so the community can understand better.

LM11 will be eternally grateful.