Apple iPhone

Complete disassembly and installation guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

How can I charge a battery without the iPhone

Hello can anyone suggest how to charge an Iphone battery without putting it in the phone ? I need to charge quite a few at a time so I don't want to keep putting them in the phone. What would be my best option and what type of charger would I need and max voltage etc...

Thanks in advance

Steve

I'd use a prototype breadboard and use a diagram like the one attached. Solder the resistors and the USB cable to the breadboard on one end and attache something like alligator clip wires to the opposite end. That way you can use it for all different batteries. Any iPod/iPhone charger AC charger in theory would work, all you have to do is find the pinout i.e. pinout.ru and tap it from a USB cord. Then connect your battery via alligator clips to the circuit.

UPDATE

This would be a circuit to use from a 12volt charger. There are so many variations out there give it a try and see what will work for you. Of course make sure that you have a multimeter and measure your circuit before you try to charge your battery. there is great infromation on here and here. Hope this clarifies it a bit....:-)

Thanks oldturkey, again ! good job you don't charge or I would be broke by now :-) Your a real gem. I will post the image when I have made it.

by Steve

Sounds good....let us know.

by oldturkey03

Where do I get the image of your circuit. I do not see it in the post. Thanks, Jason

by Jason

Jason, it got deleted because I was over my limit of posting images. I will see if I kept a copy of my Hard drive. Email me and I will see if I can send it to you, if I find it.

by oldturkey03

Okay so check on here http://circuitpowersupply.blogspot.com/2... and subsidize the S1 = USB 'A' Type Socket for a pair of banana clip wires that you can hook up to your battery.

by oldturkey03

isit possaable to charge the battery with just a ac adaptor with just the red and black cables ?

No, because your battery would get over charged. You need to have something that tells it to stop charging.

by oldturkey03

What if I just wanted to charge it a little bit, and then put it back in the phone to finish? I have an iPhone 5S with a bad U2 IC chip, so whenever it dies and then sits around for a little, you can't turn it back on unless the battery already has a little charge in it.

by Paul Le Grand

Paul Le Grand,use a 3.6 volt charger for that. That way at least you will know that you are not overcharging.

by oldturkey03

Steve will be eternally grateful.