Apple iPhone

Complete disassembly and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

How can I charge a battery without the iPhone

Hello can anyone suggest how to charge an Iphone battery without putting it in the phone ? I need to charge quite a few at a time so I don't want to keep putting them in the phone. What would be my best option and what type of charger would I need and max voltage etc...

Thanks in advance

Steve

i changed battery to find out phone wasn't charging,so fitted new charging port.

still did'nt charge.

then new battery drained.

so could'nt factory reset.

so came up with an idea,i knew there wasn't nothing wrong with the original battery so i stripped the end down where the contacts are and soldered 2 wires to batteries positive and negative points and wired other end to my intelligent charger.

battery is charging now,hopefully when fully charged i can fit back in phone and hopefully do a factory reset.

i will let you know if i get it fixed.

by mickeyblueeyes

I'd use a prototype breadboard and use a diagram like the one attached. Solder the resistors and the USB cable to the breadboard on one end and attache something like alligator clip wires to the opposite end. That way you can use it for all different batteries. Any iPod/iPhone charger AC charger in theory would work, all you have to do is find the pinout i.e. pinout.ru and tap it from a USB cord. Then connect your battery via alligator clips to the circuit.

UPDATE

This would be a circuit to use from a 12volt charger. There are so many variations out there give it a try and see what will work for you. Of course make sure that you have a multimeter and measure your circuit before you try to charge your battery. there is great infromation on here and here. Hope this clarifies it a bit....:-)

Thanks oldturkey, again ! good job you don't charge or I would be broke by now :-) Your a real gem. I will post the image when I have made it.

by Steve

Sounds good....let us know.

by oldturkey03

Where do I get the image of your circuit. I do not see it in the post.

Thanks,

Jason

by Jason

Jason, it got deleted because I was over my limit of posting images. I will see if I kept a copy of my Hard drive. Email me and I will see if I can send it to you, if I find it.

by oldturkey03

Okay so check on here http://circuitpowersupply.blogspot.com/2... and subsidize the S1 = USB 'A' Type Socket for a pair of banana clip wires that you can hook up to your battery.

by oldturkey03

I am afraid if this page could be helpful to you:

http://yundorri.blog.me/220203447319

though this page was written in Korean, image will be useful.

Hey, yundorri, although i didnt understand a single word of your site, it were VERY HELPFUL. Through the images i could charge my iphone 5 battery directly.

Thank you very much!

by matgaudio

Your welcome!

May be the joyful phone-ing :D

by yundorri

i changed battery to find out phone wasn't charging,so fitted new charging port. still did'nt charge. then new battery drained. so could'nt factory reset. so came up with an idea,i knew there wasn't nothing wrong with the original battery so i stripped the end down where the contacts are and soldered 2 wires to batteries positive and negative points and wired other end to my intelligent charger. battery is charging now,hopefully when fully charged i can fit back in phone and hopefully do a factory reset. i will let you know if i get it fixed.

Steve will be eternally grateful.