Repair guides and support for the laptop line of Acer's Aspire series for casual home and business use.

turns on and then will not boot up

My Aspire 5251 notebook turns on...then goes to f2 screen says win failed to start a recent hardware or software problem

then goes to a windows loading files screen then after a long time will go to a black screen with mircosft logo and a loading bar then will go to blank screen and will stay there until turned off

please help

Here is a link to the service manual for your notebook.

http://onlinepdfebook.com/gadget/acer/ac...

That sounds like an error with the windows start-up files. Try to start in safe mode (F8 when your computer starts, right after the BIOS check) if that does not help you may have to repair your Windows OS.

My mothers notebook was having the same problem.I really hope this is not too late, but perhaps this will help people in the future.

1. To boot the computer unplug and remove the battery

2. Then hold the power button to drain the bios- (30 to 60 seconds)

3. Then plug it back in, if it does not boot right away repeat step 2

4. Follow this link http://support.acer.com/us/en/default.as...

5. Find your computers support page and click the "Bios" tab

6. Update your Computers bios to the latest version (for my computer it was 2.14)

7. Restart and it will be fixed... Hopefully

I really hope this helped you. email me at cmullins1995@yahoo.com if you need more help

Help I have Acer aspire 5135 and it won't boot up without a disk wit h drivers or the Ethernet cable

Two possible reasons are for this

First is that you have already a defective LCD/LED monitor.

Secondly, you have a defective memory. Try these steps to confirm the problem. If it is a laptop, unplug the charger, remove the battery and unscrew the portion to replace the memory and try replacing it with a new memory or working one. If it a desktop same procedure. Properly shutdown it. Unplug from power source. Unscrew casing and try to replace the memory with a new one or working memory.

After replacing the memory. Return the screw. Plug-in the power source or put the battery and power it on. If a logo or any sign appears as it boot then the memory is defective. if still same problem try to use external monitor to determine if it is a LCD problem. If there is display on the external monitor and there is nothing on the source monitor then the problem is the LCD of the source. if still same problem then possible defective is the board. hope it helps.

I did a reset/restore and i held f10

annette will be eternally grateful.