turns on and then will not boot up
My Aspire 5251 notebook turns on...then goes to f2 screen says win failed to start a recent hardware or software problem
then goes to a windows loading files screen then after a long time will go to a black screen with mircosft logo and a loading bar then will go to blank screen and will stay there until turned off
My mothers notebook was having the same problem.I really hope this is not too late, but perhaps this will help people in the future.
1. To boot the computer unplug and remove the battery
2. Then hold the power button to drain the bios- (30 to 60 seconds)
3. Then plug it back in, if it does not boot right away repeat step 2
4. Follow this link http://support.acer.com/us/en/default.as...
5. Find your computers support page and click the "Bios" tab
6. Update your Computers bios to the latest version (for my computer it was 2.14)
7. Restart and it will be fixed... Hopefully
I really hope this helped you. email me at cmullins1995@ya