The second-generation Dakota began development in 1991 and frozen for production in January 1994.

fuel gauge not working

fuel gauge is not working?

New fuel pump and sending unit...no gas guage function.

Once it read full on an empty tank before I started the engine. After turning key on it went to empty. Gas light is always on with full tank.

Is it possible the wires were put back together backwards?

Same note...occaionally I have to pound on dash pad to get rpm and speedo to work...sometimes NO guages work til I smack the top of dash.

Help please...thanx

This is a pretty common and annoying problem with the Dakotas'. Most likely it is the sending unit. You will have to drop the fuel tank and replace the fuel pump/filter assembly The sender, filter, and pump are all one assembly, so you'll need to buy a whole new pump assembly to change the sender. Of course you can, and should, also check your gauge to make sure that it is working okay. Use a meter to check your sending unit and see if you have any output. If that checks out, its your gauge. Here is a pretty good write up about how to do it....Hope this helps, good Luck.

Sad but true and not cheap. +

Good to know! I looked up the price of the unit (pump/filter assembly)$80-$250, depending on where you want to buy it, etc. I also look up EVERYTHING on Youtube, and it is an easy fix for the Do-It-Yourselfer!

mí Dakota 98 consume demasiado combustible

no e tenido respuesta

What yoh post to set the fuel pump too

awaesaeh will be eternally grateful.