Parts & Tools

Released in July 2018, the 15" MacBook Pro, model A1990, features a 15.4 inch LED-Backlight display with True Tone technology, TouchID, and up to 6 Core i9 Processor.

Display issues on MacBook Pro 2018 15"

I have thick green lines appearing vertically on the screen on the login window. After I login I see random flickering blue lines on the screen. I have updated the MacOS to the latest version, reset PRAM and NVRAM but the issue still exists. What might me the reason?

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

This is a tough one! The bar is telling me the T-CON board has failed, and the sporadic horizontal line could also be a logic board issue with the VRAM.

Best to get this system to an Apple Store or authorized service center as it could be costly. Get an estimate first before you let them fix it.

T-CON issue is same as the flexgate issue? Also any idea how much will repair cost me? The machine is out of warranty.

No, different! FlexGate was a ribbon cable which happens to connect to the board in question which powers the backlight. In this case there is also logic on this board deals with the raster of the signals to the horizontal and vertical lines that make up the LCD panel. This is the logic that has a problem here. Review Step 18 in this teardown MacBook Pro 13" Function Keys Late 2016 Teardown Apple uses the same logic across the 2016 13" & 15" through to the current 2020 16" systems.

Harsh Khajuria will be eternally grateful.