Parts & Tools

The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Why is my screen showing black lines after replacing the battery?

Did I break my screen? After replacing my battery it looks like this, fickering black horizontal lines across the screen.

The phone still works but It doesn’t look good. I followed the guide perfectly and was extra careful with the connectors, I tried cleaning with contact cleaner the connectors and the ports but no success.

Anything else I can try before having to buy a new screen?

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Most Helpful Answer

Sadly with the iPhone 5 series like the 5, 5S, 5C, and 1st gen SE, they all suffer from this issue of the display getting damaged during battery replacement regardless of how careful you are while attempting the repair. All you need is a replacement screen assembly and you should be fine. As a repair shop, I even replace the battery without disconnecting it and I still sometimes have this issue.

I had no Idea it was that fragile! I did not read about that

ALBERTODELAVEGA will be eternally grateful.