Repair and disassembly information for Samsung's flagship S20 Ultra Android smartphone, released in March of 2020.

Broken screen, touch not working properly.

I dropped my new s20 on the corner of a stone step and it broke the screen on the edge and exposed the digitizer. The touch screen doesn’t work unless I’m pushing down aggressively on the exposed digitizer, but only registers as a swipe because my palm rests on the surrounding area of the exposed digitizer due to the amount of pressure needed causing the phone to recognize my palm as a touch. I’m taking the phone to get completely repaired on Saturday but I was hoping I could get a temporary fix to let me use my phone until then.

No temporary fix unfortunately, physical Damage is physical damage.

Digitizer uses light and super fast calculations to know where touch input is being made. The huge hole in the screen most likely damaged that grid and is letting ambient light pass through or casting shadows interrupting touch input or confusing the controller.

Just get it fixed man!

Thanks, I’ve been playing around with it and it either works or doesn’t work, sometimes I’m lucky and can get to the home screen other times I’m stuck on the swipe to unlock, though applying pressure does get it to register some touch it’s not enough to be able to actually use the phone, I guess I’m just being a little too hopeful lol. Thank you for your response

Update, don’t know how but I got the touch screen to register my touch but only in certain parts of the screen, some require more pressure than others.

Sean-Paul Divincenzo will be eternally grateful.