Repair guides and disassembly information for the MacBook Pro 16'' released in November of 2019. Model A2141, EMC 3347.

How to setup digital audio output on this newly released MacBook Pro?

Have this newly released 16” MacBook Pro laptop for a few weeks, love it so far. However, when try to use the optical audio cable connect to my 7.2 channel receiver(from earphone jack port), there is no sound at all (I can see there is “external headphone” shows up from “sound” icon). The audio cable works on my old MacBook Pro 15 model, so, no clue if Apple just disable this feature on 16” model, anyone has similar experience or know solutions?

thanks,

Sorry guy, Apple dropped the digital optical connection, which is why you won’t get a signal. If you need to gain it you’ll need to use a USB DAC unit.

Good to know, thanks!

@lovecd - The 2012 models forward dropped the dual ports for both input and output. Apple had a lot of problems with the dual audio jacks which is why they dropped it. It was a good idea and I know a lot of people miss the connection in the newer systems.

Is there a way to get the digital audio sound on this model, such as through USB-c to digital audio port?

Thanks, that helps!

Tom will be eternally grateful.