MacBook Pro 16" 2019 Teardown
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
Apple’s second MacBook Pro of 2019 brings with it a larger display, upgraded audio hardware, improved thermal performance, and a bigger battery. It doesn’t look too different from the 15” model, but uses a more reliable scissor switch-based keyboard with slightly raised keys compared to the butterfly keyboard.
- 16” LED-backlit display; 3072 × 1920 resolution (226 ppi)
- 2.6 GHz 6‑core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.5 GHz
- Configurable to 2.4 GHz 8‑core Intel Core i9, Turbo Boost up to 5.0 GHz
- 512 GB, 1 TB, 2 TB, 4 TB, or 8 TB flash storage
- 16 GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 onboard memory. Configurable to 64 GB.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
Graphics and Video:
- Intel UHD Graphics 630
- AMD Radeon Pro 5300M with 4 GB of GDDR6 memory (configurable to AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 8 GB of GDDR6 memory)
- Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Four Thunderbolt 3 ports (USB-C)
- Headphone port
- 100 Wh lithium-polymer battery
- 96 W USB-C power adapter
- Height: 0.64 inch (1.62 cm)
- Width: 14.09 inches (35.79 cm)
- Depth: 9.68 inches (24.59 cm)
- Weight: 4.3 pounds (2.0 kg)