Released November 4, 2017. Model A1865, A1901. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / Silver or Space Gray. (Pronounced the same as "iPhone 10.")

iPhone X Front Camera Black Screen Problem

This has been ongoing for 2 months suddenly my front camera stopped working the front flash is also not working my Face ID does work and opens my phone my Rear camera and rear flash and flashlight are fine works fine. When i snapchat the rear camera wont even turn to the front camera like it doesn’t even recognise it as being there. I switch from rear camera to front i cant even press the shutter on it it just makes a vibration when i click the shutter icon i have gorilla glass on my iphone never dropped it or anything so i dont know whats wrong should i remove the glass and clean the main screen maybe? Heres a photo and video recording of my phone front camera screen does anybody have any suggestions? Hard resetted my phone updated latest ios didnt work help? It started in december

OPEN ALL THE TABS

RAM Upgrade Kits for Mac

Shop Kits

Enough RAM
For All The Tabs

Shop Kits

The gorilla glass protector shouldn’t have an effect on the cameras, even if it was dirty. I would bring it to a local, independent repair shop and have them take a look at it. While the cameras are replaceable, if the front one gets replaced, you’ll lose FaceID functionality.

How strange, I have this problem and it’s still ongoing now, started in December with the exact same symptoms. Didn’t drop it and did the exact same steps in terms in hard reset. My issue started when trying to view a snap chat video. I have removed snap chat from my phone but it has still not resolved. The only other thing I remember doing at the time was downloading a the last way iOS of the 7th December. can anyone give me any advice?

I have exact problem with my iPhone X did you get a solution to yours?

All the history tells that there are not issues of the software. Must be the issues of hardware. Face id is also not working if the front camera is not working anymore and that can`t be changed new one only the flex can change.

See the cable is not connected properly onboard.

Front camera flex might be tore.

That can only find with the dissemble of your iPhone.

No mine is still ongoing, not sure it is the hardware as my Face ID still works on everything which would surely suggest its software

Exactly same issue, cannot find a solution to fix it. I tried all options.

Tony will be eternally grateful.