0

rrolsonvirtue
1

Have a serious problem keeping screen glued down

I have tried the 3M two sided tape and a even better tape that is red off Ebay. Never-the less I am still having problem with screen glass coming loss. Tried super glue with mixed results. What works?

yep..me too, and I've been fixing these for a while. The sticky factor seems to have gone! The adhesive labels that come with most screens are from 3M, a few are cheap chinese stuff and these seem pretty good compared to the 3M. I'm on the search for something else...May have to try something like a rubber glue/puncture repair type double contact adhesive, the trick is to get the layer thin enough.. see if anyone else has an idea.

pollytintop,

When the front screen glass in not an exact perfect fit it seems to pop up a bit. OEM is not Original, they are very different products.

Brad,

0

Jake Devincenzi

Have you tried out our custom iPhone 3G/3GS front panel adhesive strips? They are guaranteed to keep the glass in place and include the free repair guide.

Hope this helps!

iPhone 3G and 3GS Front Panel Adhesive Strips

Custom-cut adhesive strips for installing iPhone 3G or 3GS Front Panel — 50+ available at 2.95 each.

0

atomictow
1

It's very important to make sure there is no foreign material (ie glass pieces, old glue ball, etc.) on the plastic. This will keep the glass from seating compleatly.

It is also very important that you do not touch the glue strips as the oil and dust on your hands will diminish the holding power of the glue strips.

Lastly, be sure you apply pressure for at least a minute to each of the corners so the glue will get a chance to adhere.

The glue strips that are sold by iFixit are great and I have never had a problem.

I don't know what type of glue the strips are made of but I have experience with 3M VHB (Very High Bond) and it takes a couple of days to reach it's full strength.