Released September 21, 2018. Models A1920, A2097, A2098, A2100. Available as GSM or CDMA / eSIM or nano-SIM / 64, 256, or 512 GB / Silver, Gold, or Space Gray. (Pronounced "iPhone 10 S.")

Apple Pay not working after frame replacement

I have an iPhone XS. Until recently had original but broken screen and rear glass so I decided to replace them. After moving all the parts over and rebuilding everything works as it should apart from Apple Pay. I’ve been able to add / remove cards etc but it just says hold near reader and doesn’t recognise that one is nearby. I have tested wireless (WiFi), cellular, Bluetooth and wireless charging are all working just not Apple Pay.

From searching online I’m unable to determine exactly which parts I should be looking at to get this up and running again?

any ideas ?

Charlie

Hi did you ever manage to fix this issue , I have got exactly the same issue at the moment . Thanks

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

It’s could be the NFC antenna. Try replacing that and go from there.

But which part exactly is that ? I couldn’t determine whether it was part of the charging coil, the flex cable at the top right, or one of the smaller brackets...

Anybody? Been a few days and short of tearing my device again I’m still lost :(

I’m not 100% sure but I think it’s something to do with the power button cable. You can probably find a tear down guide online

Does Wirless charging working? If not, NFC antena, thats all. Check conection and how it look after this replacement, there shouldnt be any scratchers on the nfc tape.

Charlie S will be eternally grateful.