Repair manuals for printers of many makes and models.

Ink cartridge carriage will not move

After replacing an ink cartridge, the carriage moved to the right and did not return. I checked "troubleshooting" and followed the steps indicated, but the condition of the carriage did not change.

I have tried this and the cartridge carriage will not move physically. Please help!!

Please I have issue with my HP deskjet 1515. All the attention light is blanking when I plug it. If I try to print or test run something I will hear the cartridge carriage moving left and right without collecting any paper and if I open the cartridge carriage are it won't come to the middle.

Please am stucked ,I need immediate help.

It sounds like the cartridge is binding the carriage. Unplug the unit and physically move the carriage to the center. Check that you have the proper cartridge and that it firmly installed. Plug in the unit and turn it on. Please let us know what happens.

Thanks, did the trick!

I tried this and it did not work on my Pixma MP980

Worked perfectly on my Pixma Pro-100 that had been sitting in storage for 2 years! Thanks!

I went to do this fix after 10 months of not using our printer here and Voila! I found a hair rubber band that had gotten lodged under the roller pins. YAY! now it works!

It appeared my ink cartidge carriage was stuck. As recommended, I moved it physically into the middle and now it is working again. This is the first time I had a problem with the Canon printer since I purchased it over 7 years ago.

By the way, my old HP photosmart printer purchased 20 years ago is still working like a charm as well!!!!

Heidi O.

Can't move the cartridge carrier

Cant move mine phisically either its stuck canon pixma mg7720

Mines a 9250 and can't move it either, really stuck in there, any other ideas plzzzz??

I found I couldn't move it manually, but with a little coaxing from a kitchen knife AFTER UNPLUGGING IT, it was easy.

I have the same issue with my HP Deskjet 2050... kindly assist...!!!

i moved my canon ip7240 but is not working

I follow the steps for canon e470 but not working

I tried to follow the suggestions but it doesn’t work..

Allan will be eternally grateful.