Repair guides, support, and disassembly information for Android smartphones released under Google's own name.

Can we replace the battery on pixel 2 after Android10 update?

I ordered a Pixel 2 replacement battery from Amazon and I tried the procedure for replacing the battery listed on this site, and after completing the procedure I was able to turn my phone back on, but it consistently died around 50%. I saw this thread https://support.google.com/pixelphone/th... of people seeing similar issues. I’m wondering if I just had a defective battery or if Google is forcing us to upgrade/if there’s some bug that hasn’t been patched yet.

Has anyone with a pixel 2 that has replaced the battery using the kit from this site seeing similar issues? I ordered a kit from this site to see if there’s any improvement. Will make an update after I retry when that kit arrives.

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

Sounds like another bad battery to me. Was the old battery having the same problem?

The old battery just doesn't last that long.... It still drains down to 0 if I use it enough. I only saw the dying at 50% issue with the new battery. I used the old battery in my phone today and I didn't see any issues.

Likely to be a bad battery, I'd avoid the cheap ones which are sold on Amazon and eBay for example.

Andy will be eternally grateful.