The TI-84 Plus CE is a graphing calculator released in Spring 2015 by Texas Instruments. It includes a 2.8 inch color screen, USB port, apps, storage, and a 1200 mAh battery.

Certain buttons not working

The decimal, 2, 5, 8, (, and the cos button are not working on the calculator. I let my brother borrow it and when i got it back it worked fine. I havent used it in a few weeks. Ive done everything the other forums say to do, and it still isnt fixing it. I reset the whole thing, reset with the button on the back, etc etc. Please help i have my act tomorrow and need a calculator for my math class.

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

This sounds a lot like a hardware problem with a circuit that’s broken for that key column. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to help you fix the issue from the hardware side and from the information I gathered I don’t think you’ll be able to fix any hardware issues before your ACT. However, MateoConLechuga may have away to fix it through software

• Press [prgm] (If that button doesn’t work leave a reply and I’ll describe how to do it another way)
  • Scroll to the right over to ‘NEW’ and press [enter]
  • Type in the letter A and press [enter] again
  • Press [2nd]>[0] and scroll down to Asm84CEPrgm (If this is crossed out in blue, leave a reply and I’ll describe how to do it another way)
  • Press [enter]
  • Now type in EXACTLY the following characters (they should be on the same line as the Asm84CEPrgm token)
  • 210100F53678C9
  • Press [2nd]>[mode]
  • Press [2nd]>[0] and scroll down to Asm( and press [enter]
  • Press [prgm]
  • Press [enter] on program A
  • Your screen should look like Asm(prgmA
  • Press [enter]
  • If it just says ‘Done’ then it should have worked. Try the buttons again and let me know if they work again!

Since your calculator may not be reliable, I think your best bet is to see if your ACT proctor has a spare calculator or if some student brought along a spare. If there’s no spares, then just know that most commands and operations you need are available in the catalogue (which you access by pressing [2nd]>[0]).

Aspen Simerly will be eternally grateful.