The Apple Magic Mouse is a multi-touch mouse manufactured and sold by Apple Inc. It was announced and sold for the first time on October 20, 2009.

Can I replace the laser bulb?

Everything is working on my Magic Mouse but the laser sensor, itself. I can gesture, scroll, right click, double-click to select a word. BUT the laser no longer comes on, so I can't move the pointer. Can I replace the laser?

I've never seen this part fail. I would suspect a failed solder joint. Of course if it is less than a year old, get a warranty replacement from Apple. If not, I'd tear it down and see if I could spot the problem. Here's the teardown: Magic Mouse Teardown

You're right mayer, mine wasn't working well, only clicks and movements but no cursor moving. Once opened, I've heater the laser pinouts with a soldering iron and it's working well now. The problem now is to fix the batteries plugs. In order to disassemble properly, we need to cut 2 plastic pieces who maintain the metallic rounded batteries plugs on the frame

Can I solder without removing the capacitive sensor ribbon nor the battery case? @kospeia Did you achieve to do it?

can you explain me in detail that how you fixed it kaath9?

I had the same problem! After several attempts, I tried to push the lens with a pencil eraser, now it works fine

Hello fabrizio,

Did you just press it up, without opening the mouse?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Antonio, yes, you can do it without opening..... but ... the operation did not last much for me :-(

I think at this point that you have to open it and solder contacts with a soldering iron!

kaath9 will be eternally grateful.