Can I fix my 6s after it was sumberged in water

So about 1 month ago probably, My phone got submerged onto water I took it out about 2 seconds after it fell and I put it onto water and the sound didn’t work, but after awhile the sound worked and then 2 days later the middle of my phone would work as in if I touch something in the middle ( or close to it) it won’t work and also when I scroll it takes awhile and also it’s like a struggle and sometimes when I scroll it touches something I was just scrolling by and happens to touch, it’s been about 1 month and it hasn’t gotten better I can’t even write comments because the blue arrow part of the screen doesn’t work so that’s a example or if you wanna know what I’m talking about write a comment on YouTube and then click on the screen and when it says discard comment or continue I can’t click those, so now I wanna see if I can fix it. I

iPhone X Fix Kits

Warranty up? No worries, we’ve got the fix.

iPhone X Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

The phone is water resistant, not waterproof but you may be lucky.

As you know water and electronics and electricity are not a good mix.

The impurities in the water causes corrosion and provides circuit paths for the electricity which were not in the phone's operating design and could damage the components.

First do not turn on your phone and then you need to remove the battery as soon as possible from the phone to minimize any further damage.

Then you need to dis-assemble the rest of the phone and clean all the affected parts using Isopropyl Alcohol 90%+ (available from electronics parts stores) to remove all traces of corrosion and water. Do not use "rubbing alcohol" as in some cases this is only 70% IPA or less, can contain scents and is not as effective. If you have to use it check the label to verify the amount of IPA

Here are a couple of links that describes the process.

Electronics Water Damage

Repairing iPhone Liquid Damage

As always with electronics, especially surface mounted PCBs be gentle when handling and especially when brushing away the corrosion. You do not want to remove any components from the board.

Hopefully after you have done all this the phone might possibly work correctly again.

Here is a link to the ifixit guide(s) for repairing your phone.

iPhone 6s Repair

If this process seems too daunting, take your phone to a reputable, professional phone repair service, experienced in liquid damage repair and ask for a quote for a repair. If you decide to do this, do it sooner than later.

Gamfluent will be eternally grateful.