Logitech M331 wireless silent mouse

My USB only works when under pressure

Ok, so I couldn’t find my mouse (M310) in the options thing. Anyways it is wireless and when I plug the USB thing into the computer it doesn’t work. It only works when I apply pressure, which isn’t practical. Anybody have a solution?

iPhone X Fix Kits

Warranty up? No worries, we’ve got the fix.

iPhone X Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

It sounds like a physical connection issue either in the USB nano-receiver or at the port. It could be that the nano-receiver’s connectors are loose or dirty, and applying pressure makes it sufficiently contact the computer USB’s port pins. Try cleaning the receiver’s connectors as well as trying a different USB port. You can also try to use pliers to slightly squeeze the top & bottom of the receiver so that it fits into a USB port tighter.

It may also be possible (though less likely) that a solder joint in the receiver has broken—applying pressure bridges the broken contact. That would require some careful board inspection and soldering.

You can also buy a new receiver for your mouse. Just make sure it’s compatible with your mouse model.

are the batteries good in the mouse?

have you try another USB port or use it in another computer?

is very rare that dust or hairs get under the buttons in a wireless mouse but if you could open it you can check.

There is a little button under the plastic when you press the right or left buttons. So applying pressure indicates that the button under is being press but there is something underneath preventing the signal to the mouse to respond.

The mouse could also beginning to go bad.

the usb that plugs into the computer only connects to the mouse when i push down on the usb. the batterys are good and the mouse isnt broken i think its just the usb

TheTinCanMan will be eternally grateful.