Released September 16, 2016. Models A1661, A1784, and A1785. Available in 32, 128, or 256 GB configurations in Rose gold, gold, silver, black, jet black, and (Product)Red.

How to backup disabled iPhone 7 Plus without losing the files

My iPhone’s screen broke and when the LCD got replaced it’s disabled. I haven’t backed up the phone before. Is there a way to recover the files? Or is there a way to backup the current files before restoring it?

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

Try running an update with the phone in recovery mode. To put a phone into recovery mode connect it to the computer first and then hold power + volume down until you get the iTunes recovery logo, ignore the screen going off and on and the apple logo appearing keep holding until you see the iTunes logo.

Then you’ll want to open iTunes if it doesn’t open by itself and choose the update option. This will force an update on the phone and hopefully it’ll say iPhone is disabled try again in 1 hour. If it does hopefully you’ll be able to get the files off the phone.

Oh wow! I thought I'd have to use those paid backup and restore apps! Does the laptop need to be trusted to be able to do this?

It says: If your iPhone can't be updated, you will need to restore it to its factory settings. Then Cancel or Update. I pressed update and it's downloading the software now. Should I wait until it finishes downloading or should I bail?

3Utools is a free alternative application for iTunes that's for Windows only though, yep update is the one you'll want to press.

Wait until it finishes downloading, you may need to put the phone into recovery mode again as it'll kick itself out of recovery mode after it times out after 15 minutes.

Press update again if needed (only when the download is finished for the software update).

Kevin Sy will be eternally grateful.