Released in 2014, identified by 11.6 inch screen, 2-in-1 convertible touchscreen laptop. Model number 11t-n000.

Laptop wont connect to internet

Laptop was working fine then it just stopped connecting online.  It says it is connected to our WIFI. We are running Microsoft Edge but Chrome doesn't work either.  Every website we try (Yahoo, Google) it keeps saying page not found. Other devices are running fine on the WIFI like out Ipads and our sons Laptop but this Laptop wont connect for some reason

Hi @erieschwab ,

If you have Win 10 installed in the laptop, go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Centre > Troubleshoot problems and see if this resolves it for you.

To get to Control Panel, click on the Windows Start button and type CP in the search box. Click on the Control Panel desktop app option that appears.

@erieschwab, Does your computer say it's connected, or does it show a caution symbol. Does it just not allow you to connect?

It is Windows 10 I have tried the above but still same issue. It says its connected I tried the troubleshooter and it says everything is fine but I still can't load a webpage. When I try it says can't reach this page

I can get to yahoo and google but thats it

Hi @erieschwab ,

You may be getting the browser's cached pages for Yahoo and Google and not actually to the servers.

Try accessing the WiFi router address through your browser and see if you can talk to it.

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

If there is intermittent network connectivity, then the driver for your Network Interface Card may need to be updated. Please try the following:

1) Open Device Manager by typing devmgmt.msc in the Search box on your Taskbar and hitting Enter. The Device Manager utility window should appear.

2) Double-click the Network adapters entry on the list in Device Manager.

3) Right-click the name of your computer’s network adapter (for example, Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter) and select Update driver from the pop-up menu.

4) Select the option for Windows to automatically search the Internet from the correct driver update. Windows should find and install the latest network driver for your system.

Tried didn't work same issue

In that case , it may be a networking issue. Please do the following to refresh your computer's networking cache:

1) Type cmd.exe in the Start menu on the Taskbar at the bottom left of your screen.

2) Right-click the "Command Prrompt Desktop app" selection on the pop-up list and select "Run as administrator". A User Account Control dialog box should appear.

3) Select "Yes" in the User Account Control dialog box. A Command Prompt window should appear.

4) In the Command Prompt window, type the following exactly as shown:

ipconfig /release && ipconfig /renew && ipconfig /flushdns

5) Reboot the computer and try to connect to the Web again.

I ran commands

Ipconfig/release

Ipconfig/renew

Ipconfig/flushdns

That seemed to work

Thank you everyone for your help

I’ve sometimes been succesfull by downloading the latest driver and then completely uninstalling the current driver. Running something like Ccleaner or AdvancedSystemCare helps to remove any ‘debris’.

SHUTDOWN laptop and re-boot then install downloaded driver.

You never know until you try it.

Jason will be eternally grateful.